Charlie Oh La La – PRIVACY NOTICE
This privacy notice explains the personal information Charlie Oh La La collects about its customers and business contacts, including information we collect when customers use our website or otherwise contact us, how and why we process that personal information and the rights of individuals in respect of the personal information we hold.
In storing and processing personal information we are regulated under European and UK data protection laws and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
What personal information we use
This privacy notice relates to:
- personal information for customers which we obtain when orders are placed for Charlie Oh La La products, including via our licensed third party sellers, including customers’ names and delivery addresses and contact details.
- For customers using the Charlie Oh La La website:
- profile data such as customer usernames and passwords, preferences and feedback.
- technical data such as internet protocol address, login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices used to access the website.
- personal information about our business contacts including contact details of our suppliers and contractors such as their names and telephone, email and address details.
- other personal information that customers or business contacts may submit to us such as correspondence or responses to surveys that they may complete.
Our website includes links to the websites of our licensed sellers. Clicking on those links may allow those licensed sellers to collect or share data about you. We do not control those third party websites and are not responsible for those entities’ compliance with data protection laws.
How we use personal information
We use the personal information we hold to:
- fulfil orders from customers and provide an after-sales service to customers;
- respond to customer and other business enquiries;
- improve our customer service and relationships;
- communicate with suppliers and contractors regarding the provision of goods and services to us;
- keep customers informed about our products.
Who we share personal information with
When necessary, we share customer personal information with, our contractors and suppliers including delivery companies and credit reference agencies. This information sharing enables us to:
- process customer enquiries, requests, orders, deliveries, returns, payments;
- provide after-sales service;
- conduct marketing activities in relation to our services and products;
- conduct credit checks; and
- manage our own internal operations.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to any member of our group meaning any subsidiary or holding company as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006;
- if we or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We may also be required to share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or protect our legal rights. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
How long personal information will be kept
We will keep personal information only for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
We hold customers’ personal information for up to seven years from the date of our last supply to them and we hold personal information relating to business contacts for up to seven years from the later of the date we obtained the personal information and the date after the end of the business relationship.
Reasons we collect and use personal information
We rely on several legal bases for the processing of personal information. These include where we need that personal information to comply with our contractual or other legal obligations, such as making deliveries to our customers, or it is in our or the relevant individual’s legitimate interests which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact that person’s rights, freedom or interests.
Consequences of our use of your personal information
Our processing of your personal information allows us to decide whether or not to enter into a contract with you to supply Charlie Oh La La products, to perform that contract and manage it in the interest of our business and to manage our internal operations. We cannot do any of these things without that information.
Under data protection laws customers and business contacts in respect of which we hold personal information have a number of important rights which may be exercised without charge by us. In summary, those include the right to:
- access to the individual’s personal information and to certain other supplementary information;
- require us to correct any mistakes in personal information which we hold;
- require the erasure of personal information in certain situations;
- receive the personal information which has been provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit that information to a third party in certain situations;
- object at any time to processing of the individual’s personal information for direct marketing;
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning the individual or similarly significantly affect that person;
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of the individual’s personal information;
- otherwise restrict our processing of the individual’s personal information in certain circumstances.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation which is available on its website.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- let us have enough information to identify you;
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill); and
- let us know the information to which your request relates.
If you would like to unsubscribe from any marketing material you receive from us you can do so by contacting us at email@example.com or using our ‘unsubscribe’ button at the end of our emails.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner Office, who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by telephone on: 0303 123 1113.
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information, we hold about you.
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org